How to Apply Classic Asset Management Principles and Practices to Maximize Data’s Value.
More than half of organizations admit they have a better inventory of their office furniture than their data. Now decades into the Information Age, there’s no excuse for not managing your information assets with the same or better discipline than the way you manage other assets. Sure the value of data is nowhere to be found on any balance sheet, but leading organizations ignore that accounting vagary and treat data like one anyway.
Join Doug Laney for this webinar where we will share how to apply well-honed asset management principles, practices and methods to go beyond just talking about data as an asset. We will explore how to adapt ideas from the worlds of physical and financial asset management, and even human capital management to make your data more available, higher quality, and more valuable.
In this 50-minute webinar you will learn:
- How to apply best practices in inventory management to information assets
- The set of “generally accepted information principles” (GAIP)
- How the 6 Rs of sustainability can and should apply to data
- The critical and emerging capability of data curation
- Why “data ownership” is a terrible concept and what to do about it
- Examples of data valuation methods applied to improve data governance