Join Doug Laney on Friday, November 1 for a live online training with O’Reilly on Monetizing Data.
How to generate economic value from data for your business
Data is increasingly referred to as “the new oil”. But this is inaccurate. Data has economic characteristics that make it potentially much more valuable than oil. Data can be used simultaneously and repeatedly to generate business value in infinite ways. This course will explore data’s unique features, and how to take advantage of them. Participants will learn how to take a product management approach to monetize information both internally and externally. The course will also discuss options for packaging and pricing data assets, and share many useful real-world examples of organizations monetizing data in innovative, high-value, ways.
What you’ll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, online course, you’ll understand:
- Data’s unique economic advantages compared to other assets
- A wide variety of ways to monetize data, including many real-world examples
- A disciplined approach to data monetization initiatives and business functions
And you’ll be able to:
- Conceive new, innovative ways to monetize data for your organization
- Follow a formal process for creating data products or solutions
- Measure the financial and other benefits data can and does generate for your organization