Data Solutions Architect
Caserta, now part of McKinsey & Company, is a solution provider, with the talent and vision to innovate beyond the expected. You will be joining a diverse team of leading-edge technologists where we pride ourselves on challenging the status quo, seeing the value and impact of our work and enjoy the complexity of the data transformation we deliver. With joining McKinsey & Company, we have a significant opportunity to help clients overcome the challenges in building competitive, industry-leading enterprise data environments. As part of our team, you will provide the ultimate in customized solutions, involving cutting edge technology, servicing a diverse set of clients who value your input and guidance to modernize their data ecosystem while directly enhancing the lives of others. https://www.mckinsey.com/about-us/new-at-mckinsey-blog/mckinsey-acquires-caserta-a-pioneer-in-data-architecture-and-engineering
As a Data Solution Architect, you will build innovative solutions on AWS, Azure, and/or GCP using core cloud data warehouse tools and other modern data platform related technologies. In this is a highly visible, client facing role, you will liaise with key executives, business and technical stakeholders and will create the vision, design, architecture and build cutting-edge data ecosystems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead architecture initiatives from inception to completion
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess client needs, make appropriate recommendations for people, platforms and processes
- Develop robust, highly scalable, and sustainable cloud based and hybrid data lakes, data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
- Facilitate cloud adoption including cloud and technology selection, platform and data security, connectivity, and cost modeling
You will be an outstanding fit for this role if you consider yourself:
- Business savvy, empathetic and relentlessly focused on solving the toughest challenges
- A highly self-motivated, technical leader able to work independently as well as in a team
- A mentor to others
- Someone who enjoys presenting to Executives
- Hands-on technically with a passion for keeping your hands in some code
Do you have:
- 10+ years of experience working as a Solution Architect in client facing consultative roles
- Demonstrated experience building solutions in either AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience with a variety of data management, analytics and data science solutions
- Sound knowledge of data and platform security best practices
- Experience leveraging Python and SQL while creating POCs.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- The desire to occasionally travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, data engineering or a closely related field (preferred)
As part of our team you would:
- You would work with a community of likeminded people who are passionate about their work and enjoy solving the most challenging data problems in the industry while making an impact
- Would be part of a collaborative company culture that encourages diversity
- As part of McKinsey & Company, Inc you will receive an exceptional compensation plan, annual bonus, extensive benefit plan including Medical, Vision, Dental, life insurance, paid time off and a generous retirement program
If your desired work location is outside of the New York City Metropolitan area, please apply and let’s further discuss your candidacy.
Employment with McKinsey & Company, Inc. in the United States and Canada is conditioned on proof of full vaccination against the COVID-19 virus (with a WHO-approved or Health Canada-approved COVID-19 vaccine, as applicable) or approval of an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief prior to start date.
FOR U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
FOR NON-U.S. APPLICANTS: McKinsey & Company is an Equal Opportunity employer. For additional details regarding our global EEO policy and diversity initiatives, please visit our McKinsey Careers and Diversity & Inclusion sites: https://www.mckinsey.com/careers/home