Understanding Blockchain Beyond Cryptocurrency
In this webinar, we discuss all things Blockchain – its technical inner-workings, characteristics, encryptions, consensus mechanisms, and even a few code samples.
Joe Caserta shares his vision of where Blockchain fits in the database world. Scott Kessler, Director, Business Development at LO3 Energy, presents a practical use case/success story featuring LO3 Energy and Brooklyn Microgrid.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How Blockchain has been used and how it’s evolved since its creation
- How the technology works, and its differentiator from other NoSQL
- The possibilities – and vulnerabilities – of Smart Contracts
- How Blockchain will grow far beyond the financial sector
- How LO3 Energy and Brooklyn Microgrid worked together to create a Blockchain application to evolve the utility grid into a sustainable, secure, and cost-effective energy system.
The webinar concludes with a brief Q&A.
Watch full video:
Joe Caserta is an internationally recognized public speaker, entrepreneur, technologist, and founding CEO of Caserta. Joe co- authored The Data Warehouse ETL Toolkit, an industry bestselling book that has become the standard for preparing data for analytics. Joe is recognized as an authority on enterprise data analytics and continues to innovate and expand his role in the industry. Joe’s consulting firm, Caserta, remains at the forefront of the data analytics revolution, devising the most unique and advanced analytics environments in use today.